Saturday, September 5, 2009

Tina Newberry

I live in South Philly and used to be young, sporty, and lively. Now I'm old, decrepit, and complain a lot.

I got an art education at various places and wound up in South Philly. I teach at local schools and shop at the Acme. I paint in my spare time while watching TV.

After an expensive and extensive art education, I became a cleaning lady. This helped me hone my skills with sweeping strokes. None of which are actually in my paintings. It's the thought that counts [...]








branded
Branded, 20" x 10", 2005.
"Branded, scorned as the one who ran. What do you do when you're branded and you know you're a man?"









dressups

Dress-Ups, 17" x 10", 1997.
"Wearing pantyhose makes me feel like a transvestite."









[More]



.

2 comments:

jay said...

honesty!

Pris said...

Great blog! Glad I discovered you through a link on another blog.